Looking at the current state of the economy and decline in state subsidies, the organization saw an opportunity to generate income through baking and catering. The organization took the opportunity to utilize the skills of those who had experience working as Cooks and Organisers in the service centres, and had basic knowledge and skills in the line of catering.
• Catering is done at the Lamontville Service Centre • Baking is done at the Chesterville Service Centre
• To alleviate poverty within the community
• To generate Income
• Skills sharing amongst women of different backgrounds and ages
• Strengthen and empower women
• To create a central kitchen where the project will cook and distribute meals to all the service centres.
This will control expenditure and improve the management of the kitchen.